We remain committed to the safety of our patients and staff. For in-office care, the following protocols have been established and will be followed.
- For your safety, we encourage all patients to take advantage of telephone and telemedicine care when possible. Our physicians continue to be available 24/7.
- Appointments will be arranged through our appointment secretaries as before with some schedule changes to ensure that safe distancing can be maintained. Our office will communicate via phone call with you before your appointment to ask screening questions. When you arrive at our building on the day of your appointment, you should call your doctor’s main number and notify his medical assistant of your arrival. Our goal is to have our staff meet you outside the door to our 5th floor office to review the screening questions and to check your temperature. These protocols do not allow for ‘drop-in’ visits or ‘walk-in lab work’ visits. Please call ahead for all visits so you can be greeted and screened at our entrance on the fifth floor.
- Please come alone (unless assistance is needed). If you require assistance with transportation, please have the driver remain in the vehicle after dropping you off at the door to the building entrance. If necessary, one personal caregiver may accompany you to the office. This person must also follow the safety protocols as established for patients.
- You (and personal caregiver, if necessary) must arrive with and wear a mask over your nose and mouth. Our physicians and employees will do the same.
- For the safety of other patients and staff, we will check your temperature before entry to the office.
- If you are ill, running a fever or have been exposed to COVID-19, please call to arrange a telemedicine appointment instead of an in-person office visit.
The Physicians and Staff of Sandy Springs Internal Medicine value your trust and confidence as we continue to provide quality compassionate care.